Tell me more:
New cloth to The Sleep Store! The amazing Fluffy Ducks cloth nappies have a signature trim fit, gorgeous prints and designed to fit most from newborn (approx 3.5kg) right through to toilet training (approx 17kg). The easy to use snaps will ensure you find a great fit for your child.
They have a silky soft stay dry suede cloth inner lining allowing moisture to pass through and drawn away from baby’s skin, keeping them dry and comfortable. The PUL (polyurethane laminate) is a waterproof layer so no need for the extra cover.
Each nappy comes with two super-thirsty, super soft, 6-layer bamboo inserts that can be customized to provide a variety of boosting options from newborn to toddler. With snaps on the inserts and a pocket opening in the back, our nappies can be used as Ai2 (All in two) or pocket nappies to suit your needs.
Cloth nappies are great for the environment - What's better? Fluffy Ducks is 100% New Zealand owned!
- One-size fits most designed to fit newborn babies and toddlers from approx 3.5kg to 17kg.
- Easy-to-use snap buttons for quick nappy changes and size adjustments.
- Includes 1 modern cloth nappy cover and 2 x pure bamboo snap-in inserts
- Versatile nappy absorption settings for handling light to heavy loads.
- Choose to use as Ai2 and snap the insert/s in with the bamboo insert next to bubs' skin or use as a pocket nappy with the stay-dry suede layer built into the nappy cover into your cloth nappy cover.
One-size fits most designed to fit newborn babies and toddlers from approx 3.5kg to 17kg
- It is recommended that these cloth nappies are changed every 2-4 hours for comfort and hygiene
- Snaps up the front of the nappy allow you to find the perfect fit for your child
- Can be used as an Ai2 (All in two) or a pocket nappy
- You can increase absorbency by adding layers (inserts)
- Dry suede cloth inner lining
- PUL (polyurethane laminate) waterproof layer
- Bamboo inserts
Washing instructions -
Prepping your new nappies
- For better performance soak your new nappy inserts overnight in cold water to increase absorbency. Change more frequently until maximum absorbency is reached after around 8 washes
- Wash all parts of your nappy once before use in warm water
Basic washing routine
Dealing with Dirty Nappies/Dry Pail
- Use a dry pail with holes for aeration, the more holes the better. The open-air flow helps reduce ammonia smells and pro-long the life of your nappies.
- Pee nappies can be placed straight into your dry pail.
- Remove solids in the toilet, most simply shake/roll off or you can use a dedicated poo scraper/sprayer. Rinse under hot water. You can pre-treat stains if desired. Then dry pail.
- Night nappies (or nappies that have been in use for longer than 5 hours) require a separate, thorough hand-rinse in hot water with detergent as soon as you possibly can, due to the increased ammonia concentration and volume. Then dry pail as normal.
- Prewash your nappies - a short warm rinse cycle with half the detergent recommended to remove heavy soil or excess urine prior to main wash. This allows the main wash to be done in clean water. Prewash can be done daily or every second day and returned to the dry pail until the main wash.
- Main Wash - use the longest cycle on your machine at 40°C - 60°C (MAX 60°C) with the full dose of detergent for a heavily soiled load, do not spin covers over 800RPM, inserts however can be spun at your highest spin (1200RPM) DO NOT use bleach/vinegar or fabric softeners.
- We recommend Line drying as its economical and environmentally friendly.
- Always hang your nappy shells sideways, pegging the front and back to ensure the elastics are not being stretched during drying.
- Hang covers/shells in the shade, or indoors.
- If line drying isn’t possible, use the dryer on the lowest setting for shells, waiting until they are cold before stretching elastics.
- Extensive dryer use will make the nappies a little thinner
over time in the same way it does your clothes. If possible, just pop
the inserts in the dryer rather than covers and shells to help extend
A last note, your nappies will thank you for being treated with a little TLC, remember they are re-usable not indestructible.
Fast Shipping - In stock, ready to ship!
We offer fast, economical shipping across New Zealand. All items on our website are in stock, ready to dispatch (excludes pre-order or custom size items). Most orders arrive within 1-3 business days. Auckland shipping is generally overnight or you can choose Click and Collect.
Shipping starts from $5 for small items. Just add your items to your cart and use the Shipping Estimator in the Mini Cart or Cart with your post code. Please double check your shipping in the checkout, particularly for large items which the estimator doesn’t accurately calculate.
We ship with Courier Post & Fastway. Packages are sent Non-Signature Required unless over $350 value or you request Signature Required for security concerns. If you are rural, we don’t charge extra but please do include a note on your order so we can ticket your package correctly. Please allow additional days for rural or you are ordering during holiday periods or major promotions.
Free Shipping for orders over $100* (excludes large items)
Free shipping is available when you spend over $100! Please note bulky or heavy items are excluded from this offer and you can confirm the correct shipping at the checkout. Unfortunately our Cart Shipping Estimator does not accurately exclude large items from free shipping calculations. We apologise for any inconvenience with technical limitation.Go to Shipping & Delivery Page
Hassle-free Returns for 365 Days!
We have expert staff available to help you choose the perfect item – how can we help before you purchase? However, when you do purchase something that doesn’t fit or isn’t quite right, we offer an excellent returns policy and the best possible customer service.
We also know life with babies and children is busy, so you have up to 365 days for your returns and exchanges to come back to us:
- Up to 90 days from purchase - You can return for an Exchange, Store Credit or Refund
- Up to 365 days from purchase – You can return for an Exchange or Store Credit
Returned items must be received back in perfect condition, unused and unwashed condition including the instructions and packaging. Please ensure you carefully package items so they are received back in perfect condition.
Our Returns and Exchanges page has full details, including product specific returns information and our Returns Form.Go to Returns Page