Tell me more:
This is our Fudgey Heavy Wetter 5 layer super-absorbent Hemp insert!
Perfect for the heaviest of wetters. It has no snaps so it can be used either way around front or backward.
Pair this insert with one of our Bamboo/Microfibre Large inserts for your heavy wetter option - super fast-absorbing to catch any flooders and the heavy absorbing hemp to hold it in. For use with any of the Fudgey Pulovers or for added absorbency with the Fudgey Originals & Petites.
Or double these up with the new Fudgey Fitted for our most absorbent OVERNIGHTS option!
- 5 Super absorbent hemp layers
- Suits the heaviest of wetters
- Can be used front ways or back ways
Do I have to touch Poo?
Nope! When you have the right setup for Modern Cloth Nappies, there is no need for you to be getting icky at all!
Here’s how it’s done:
Dealing with wee: Simply remove nappy from baby , unclip the inserts and store in a dry pail or laundry bag. Wash.
Dealing with newborn poo: Just the same as above!
Dealing with solids poo: Try rolling/scraping poo into the toilet, store in a dry pail or lidded bucket. Wash. Or to make it even easier, line the nappy with a reusable liner, shake into the toilet and wash.
Do I have to soak or bleach my nappies to get rid of the stains?
A good wash routine will take care of stains.
Do I need a special washing routine for Modern Cloth Nappies?
You can check out our washing recommendations here but in a nutshell it's all pretty basic:
1. Full Rinse Cycle
2. Warm wash, no hotter than 40 degrees with a full dose of detergent
3. Line Dry for best results or in a tumble dryer on cool (inserts only)
Do I need a special washing detergent with Modern Cloth Nappies?
Nope! Anything natural is good! However, we do recommend avoiding softeners (these coat fabric and reduce absorbency) and bleach (breaks down PUL waterproofing).
Can I use Fudgey Pants at night?
Yes! Every baby is different (sleeps longer/shorter, wee’s more/less) so the amount of absorption required will vary from baby to baby.
Fudgey Pants 3-in-1 include built-in absorbency and an insert and booster combo, which when combined can often be sufficient for night times. If you do happen to require a little extra absorption to get you through the night, you can choose our Overnights.
Can I use Modern Cloth Nappies at Daycare?
Yes! Daycares are more than happy to use any type of nappy you choose - and the Fudgey Pants 3-in-1 Pant is especially daycare friendly!
If you have your nappies folded ready to go and pack them in a Wet-Bag, then it’s really no different for the daycare staff to using disposables.
How do I use Modern Cloth Nappies when out and about?
So many Modern Cloth Nappy newbies are unsure of using Modern Cloth Nappies when out and about, but its really, really easy - all you really need is a Wet-bag!
Here’s how it’s done:
Change bub as you normally would. If you happen to be near a toilet, tip any solid #2’s in (if not, no biggie, just skip this part), before rolling up your nappy, fasten with a snap. Store dirty nappies in a Wet-Bag (leak, and smell-proof too!) until you get home, and wash as per usual.
Do I need to change my baby more frequently with Modern Cloth Nappies?
Fudgey Pants are designed to be worn for the same length of time as a disposable nappy during the day.
At nights, depending on your bub (light / heavy wetter or sleeping through..) you may require a little extra absorption to get you through, select our Overnights.
Do I need to change the Nappy Covers each time I change Baby?
Yes. Each nappy cover is lined with a stay-dry suede cloth to keep bub feeling comfy and dry, even after doing a wee. It is important that each nappy cover, along with the absorbent inserts are washed after every use to keep them hygienic.
Can I use Rash Creams with my Modern Cloth Nappies?
Yes - it's recommended to use a liner as oil-based nappy creams can build up on the fibres of the absorbent insert, and over time reduce its absorbency but a good wash routine should prevent this.
Think you may have oil on your Modern Cloth Nappies? No worries! A Strip Wash will make them as good as new!
- Warm machine wash, Mild detergent
- Line or tumble dry
- Do not bleach, Iron, Dry clean or use fabric softeners or oil based products
- Always put nappies on a pre-wash with half the recommended detergent dose and fast spin speed first to loosen and remove as much soiling as possible before the main wash
- Machine programmes will vary - try to wash on long 2+ hour wash to ensure the warm water will allow the detergent to thoroughly clean - multiple rinse cycles within the programme are preferred
- Use the correct amount of a good mainstream washing powder based on the laundry detergent instructions for load size - water hardness will vary by location which will require an adjusted amount of detergent
- Wash in water temperatures 40°C to protect the life of the PUL
- To help with drying times an extra spin cycle can be used.
- There is little bacterial risk from only washing in cold water - the length of wash is more important if still concerned add a hygienic laundry rinse such as Canesten occasionally.
- Oil based products or fabric softeners will reduce the absorbency of the nappy and inserts
- If fats and oils do build up over time an occasional strip wash can be used but not recommended
- Never turn nappies inside out for washing or drying
- Turning the nappies inside will expose the PUL and increase the chances of damage to the waterproof lining
- The UV from sunlight will dramatically reduce the life of the PUL
- Wash every 2-3 days dependent on load size
- alternatively, small loads put on rinse/spin cycle then back to dry pale until a full wash load becomes available unless you run out of clean nappies first
- Optimum wash sizes - overloading the wash will prevent an effective wash as will a wash that is too small.
- 5kg washing machine will take ~ 13 Fudgey Pants Cloth Nappies + inserts
- 7kg washing machine will take ~ 17 Fudgey Pants Cloth Nappies + inserts
- To prep before first use wash inserts 3-5 times - Absorbency will increase over 3-8 wash cycles. Nappy shells just need one wash.
- Please note Hemp has the tendency to shrink after washing so please give a gentle stretch before hanging if you prefer.
Fast Shipping - In stock, ready to ship!
We offer fast, economical shipping across New Zealand. All items on our website are in stock, ready to dispatch (excludes pre-order or custom size items). Most orders arrive within 1-3 business days. Auckland shipping is generally overnight or you can choose Click and Collect.
Shipping starts from $5 for small items. Just add your items to your cart and use the Shipping Estimator in the Mini Cart or Cart with your post code. Please double check your shipping in the checkout, particularly for large items which the estimator doesn’t accurately calculate.
We ship with Courier Post & Fastway. Packages are sent Non-Signature Required unless over $350 value or you request Signature Required for security concerns. If you are rural, we don’t charge extra but please do include a note on your order so we can ticket your package correctly. Please allow additional days for rural or you are ordering during holiday periods or major promotions.
Free Shipping for orders over $100* (excludes large items)
Free shipping is available when you spend over $100! Please note bulky or heavy items are excluded from this offer and you can confirm the correct shipping at the checkout. Unfortunately our Cart Shipping Estimator does not accurately exclude large items from free shipping calculations. We apologise for any inconvenience with technical limitation.Go to Shipping & Delivery Page
Hassle-free Returns for 365 Days!
We have expert staff available to help you choose the perfect item – how can we help before you purchase? However, when you do purchase something that doesn’t fit or isn’t quite right, we offer an excellent returns policy and the best possible customer service.
We also know life with babies and children is busy, so you have up to 365 days for your returns and exchanges to come back to us:
- Up to 90 days from purchase - You can return for an Exchange, Store Credit or Refund
- Up to 365 days from purchase – You can return for an Exchange or Store Credit
Returned items must be received back in perfect condition, unused and unwashed condition including the instructions and packaging. Please ensure you carefully package items so they are received back in perfect condition.
Our Returns and Exchanges page has full details, including product specific returns information and our Returns Form.Go to Returns Page