Tell me more:
The Lights Out Black-Out Blind are super quick to put up and easy to use. Ideal for rooms where there are no curtains or the curtains are too light for sleep!
What makes Lights Out Blinds unique?
- They take seconds to put up/take down (see demonstration video). Each pack contains two blinds, offering positioning flexibility.
- They can be attached to open windows, allowing in the breeze on hot summer nights.
- They can work on recessed windows.
- Unique design means no fiddly size adjustments are necessary (read more).
- They are not window specific, so can be moved from room to room.
- Simple attachment with one sucker applied to the centre of the window. No need to reach to the top.
- They are a cheaper, multipurpose alternative to purchasing blackout curtains.
- Portable blackout blinds for travel
- Great to take on holiday, they are lightweight and come in a handy carry bag
- They help maintain children’s sleep routines when away from home
- For visits to granny and relatives.
- For beating jat-lag – they are very handy for those who have travelled through several time zones
- Blackout Blinds for holiday/temporary accommodation and schools
- Use in holiday cottages, hotels and B&Bs
- Use to darken classrooms for better visibility of interactive whiteboards and projectors
- Use to provide temporary window coverings if just moved house or renovating
- Use in rented accommodation where curtains are not dark enough and no fixtures/fittings allowed
- Use to help create a peaceful mood/sensory room in hospitals or hospices
- Blackout Blinds for darkening rooms
- For shift workers or anyone else needing to sleep during daylight hours For students or anyone who likes to sleep longer in the morning
- Use to partially shade conservatories or other areas
- Use to darken media rooms so the projector/television can be seen properly.
Storing and cleaning:
Lights out come in a small neat bag making them are easy to store or pop in your suitcase. Simply wipe with a damp sponge if they need cleaning.
To take them down:
Unfold the blind and press the sucker firmly to the window. Tighten by using the toggle and pulling the cord. For open windows or deeper recesses, easy-to-use extension rods are provided.
To put them up:
Unstick the sucker, squeeze the sides together as if folding in half. The blind will then collapse.
How do I get the suction cups to stick?
There is one cup in the centre of the blind. Make sure window is clean and doesn't have residue from cleaning products. It will only stick to smooth glass.
Tip from Louise: Lick your finger & very slightly moisten the suction cup to help it form a firm suction.
- Transform a room into a sleep zone
- Quick and easy to use
- Ideal for the nursery and the kids’ room
- Encourage children to sleep longer in the morning, especially in the summer months when the sun rises early and sets late
- Help babies and children nap during the day
- Versatile 2 pack
The blinds each measure 1m x 1.2m. However please note they have rounded corners so you may have a small gap in each corner where the blind is curved if you are using with a 1m x 1.2m window. We recommend using 2 blinds to overlap and sit the blind over the frame rather than inside the window frame.
Fast Shipping - In stock, ready to ship!
We offer fast, economical shipping across New Zealand. All items on our website are in stock, ready to dispatch (excludes pre-order or custom size items). Most orders arrive within 1-3 business days. Auckland shipping is generally overnight or you can choose Click and Collect.
Shipping starts from $5 for small items. Just add your items to your cart and use the Shipping Estimator in the Mini Cart or Cart with your post code. Please double check your shipping in the checkout, particularly for large items which the estimator doesn’t accurately calculate.
We ship with Courier Post & Fastway. Packages are sent Non-Signature Required unless over $350 value or you request Signature Required for security concerns. If you are rural, we don’t charge extra but please do include a note on your order so we can ticket your package correctly. Please allow additional days for rural or you are ordering during holiday periods or major promotions.
Free Shipping for orders over $100* (excludes large items)
Free shipping is available when you spend over $100! Please note bulky or heavy items are excluded from this offer and you can confirm the correct shipping at the checkout. Unfortunately our Cart Shipping Estimator does not accurately exclude large items from free shipping calculations. We apologise for any inconvenience with technical limitation.Go to Shipping & Delivery Page
Hassle-free Returns for 365 Days!
We have expert staff available to help you choose the perfect item – how can we help before you purchase? However, when you do purchase something that doesn’t fit or isn’t quite right, we offer an excellent returns policy and the best possible customer service.
We also know life with babies and children is busy, so you have up to 365 days for your returns and exchanges to come back to us:
- Up to 90 days from purchase - You can return for an Exchange, Store Credit or Refund
- Up to 365 days from purchase – You can return for an Exchange or Store Credit
Returned items must be received back in perfect condition, unused and unwashed condition including the instructions and packaging. Please ensure you carefully package items so they are received back in perfect condition.
Our Returns and Exchanges page has full details, including product specific returns information and our Returns Form.Go to Returns Page