Tell me more:
The ergoPouch Hip Harness Jersey Sleeping Bag is for infants and toddlers who are being treated for Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip (DDH), and are required to wear a special brace (orthosis). Designed for arms-out sleepers (usually from around 4 months of age), the stretchy Jersey Bag is recommended as baby's 'first sleeping bag' after the swaddling phase is over. The extra wide bell-shaped bottom is approved by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute as being hip-healthy and comfortably fits over a Pavlik Harness, Denis Browne Brace and Rhino Brace. Made from soft, stretchy GOTS-certified organic cotton, and bamboo viscose that is non-toxic and gentle on baby's skin.
It is perfect for keeping a child warm overnight in rooms 21-24°C with no need for additional blankets in the cot when using this product, making it a safe-sleep option. Parents can be rest assured that the breathable organic and natural fibres will help regulate their child’s temperature and prevent overheating. We suggest layering underneath as needed for warmth, simply follow the free room thermometer and what to wear guide included with the product to help dress your child appropriately.
- Super stretchy to allow for natural movement
- Skin-friendly, breathable natural organic cotton
- 2-way zipper for easy nappy change
- Designed especially for those in a hip harness or brace
1. Lay Jersey Bag on flat, low surface with zip open and arm studs closed
2. Lay baby on top of Jersey Bag. Tuck legs/brace into swaddle, and zip up with baby's hands in desired position (by sides, or across chest). The extra length of the pouch can be rolled up underneath the brace, for your child's brace to rest on if thats comfortable for them.
3. To change a nappy or cool down baby, zip open from the bottom of the pouch to release legs/brace and lower torso. Zip closed again when finished.
4. Layer underneath for warmth as needed
5. To transition to arms-out sleeping once showing signs of rolling, release arms by opening the studs on the shoulders. We suggest doing this one arm at a time over several days.
6. The Jersey Bag can continue to be used as a safe sleep option once your baby's harness is no longer required.
Always sleep your baby in a safe-sleep environment.
Not suitable for use in a 5 point harness.
As this product is made from organic cotton and bamboo and is not treated with chemical fire retardants the following fire label applies.
|Materials||55% organic cotton, 40% bamboo viscose, 5% elastane|
|Care||Gentle cold wash|
Low tumble dry
Moderately Hot Iron
Do not use bleach-based stain removers on the garment
The Jersey Sleeping Bag meets all safety standards in Australia and New Zealand and is reviewed by the Eczema Association of Australasia as a skin-friendly product. All ergoPouch fabrics are dyed with non-toxic water based dyes, and come in trend-driven prints and colours to suit any nursery. All our prints are designed in-house.
Fast Shipping - In stock, ready to ship!
We offer fast, economical shipping across New Zealand. All items on our website are in stock, ready to dispatch (excludes pre-order or custom size items). Most orders arrive within 1-3 business days. Auckland shipping is generally overnight or you can choose Click and Collect.
Shipping starts from $5 for small items. Just add your items to your cart and use the Shipping Estimator in the Mini Cart or Cart with your post code. Please double check your shipping in the checkout, particularly for large items which the estimator doesn’t accurately calculate.
We ship with Courier Post & Fastway. Packages are sent Non-Signature Required unless over $350 value or you request Signature Required for security concerns. If you are rural, we don’t charge extra but please do include a note on your order so we can ticket your package correctly. Please allow additional days for rural or you are ordering during holiday periods or major promotions.
Free Shipping for orders over $100* (excludes large items)
Free shipping is available when you spend over $100! Please note bulky or heavy items are excluded from this offer and you can confirm the correct shipping at the checkout. Unfortunately our Cart Shipping Estimator does not accurately exclude large items from free shipping calculations. We apologise for any inconvenience with technical limitation.Go to Shipping & Delivery Page
Hassle-free Returns for 365 Days!
We have expert staff available to help you choose the perfect item – how can we help before you purchase? However, when you do purchase something that doesn’t fit or isn’t quite right, we offer an excellent returns policy and the best possible customer service.
We also know life with babies and children is busy, so you have up to 365 days for your returns and exchanges to come back to us:
- Up to 90 days from purchase - You can return for an Exchange, Store Credit or Refund
- Up to 365 days from purchase – You can return for an Exchange or Store Credit
Returned items must be received back in perfect condition, unused and unwashed condition including the instructions and packaging. Please ensure you carefully package items so they are received back in perfect condition.
Our Returns and Exchanges page has full details, including product specific returns information and our Returns Form.Go to Returns Page