Tell me more:
As New Zealand's specialists in infant sleep solutions, we search the world for things to help babies sleep better and give parent's piece of mind. So we are thrilled to add the SWADDLE UP™ Hip Harness. This Swaddle UP 50:50 has been specially designed for babies being treated for Hip Dysplasia. It has been designed with a wider fit at the bottom so that it can be worn over a Hip Dysplasia Harness or brace.
The traditional SWADDLE UP™ design allows your baby to sleep in a natural position with their ARMS UP™ giving them access to their hands so they can truly self soothe. Soft fabric at the base of the swaddle delivers extra stretch and flexion for hips and legs, making this a ‘hip-healthy’ design approved by ‘Healthy Hips Australia’ and the ‘International Hip Dysplasia Institute’.
Perfect for babies from 6kg, and can be worn with arms in or out.
As soon as your baby starts showing signs of trying to roll, you must transition to 'arms-free' sleep.
Making the move from the secure feeling of being swaddled to sleeping with arms free can be upsetting for some babies… and their parents.
The '5-in-1' Swaddle Up Transition Suit is a gentle transition solution which helps preserve a baby's precious sleep routine and is perfect for babies who are ready to transition & love the secure feeling of being swaddled.
The suit has been created with a snug fit upper chest and specially designed zip-on SELF-SOOTHING sleeves with fold over cuffs to provide a swaddling effect. It also has two ARMS UP zip-off wings, which should remain attached to the suit until your baby is ready to transition. After a few nights of your baby getting used to this, start your baby with both wings detached and both SELF-SOOTHING sleeves zipped on and the cuffs folded over.
Three easy steps
- Keep both wings attached until your baby is ready to transition
- When your baby is ready to transition start with one wing and one SELF-SOOTHING sleeve on, with the cuffs folded over
- After a few nights of your baby getting used to this, start your baby with both wings detached and both SELF-SOOTHING sleeves zipped on and the cuffs folded over
- Zip off 50:50 wings for transition from swaddling, with arms in or out
- Created especially for babies being treated for Hip Dysplasia
- Designed with a wider fit at the bottom to be worn over a Hip Dysplasia harness or brace
- Suitable for use with a Pavlik Harness, Denis Browne Bar (DBB) & Rhino Brace
- Certified ‘Hip-healthy’ design allows hips and legs to flex naturally
- Natural ARMS UP™ design to allow self-soothing.
- 1.0 TOG for all seasons – dress up or down according to temperature
- Smart extra-long two-way zipper for easy nappy/diaper changes
- 360 degrees stretch allows a good range of motion
- Snug fit makes your baby feel secure & helps to calm their natural startle reflex
|Size||Age||Weight||Max Child Height|
- Outer: 93% cotton, 7% elastane
- Wash before first use
- Close zipper before washing
- Warm gentle machine wash in wash bag with similar colours
- Tumble dry on low
- Any garment with a tog rating of 2.5 or higher – tumble dry inside out on second cycle for quicker drying
- Warm iron if necessary
- soak or bleach garment, iron zip or dry clean
Fast Shipping - In stock, ready to ship!
We offer fast, economical shipping across New Zealand. All items on our website are in stock, ready to dispatch (excludes pre-order or custom size items). Most orders arrive within 1-3 business days. Auckland shipping is generally overnight or you can choose Click and Collect.
Shipping starts from $5 for small items. Just add your items to your cart and use the Shipping Estimator in the Mini Cart or Cart with your post code. Please double check your shipping in the checkout, particularly for large items which the estimator doesn’t accurately calculate.
We ship with Courier Post & Fastway. Packages are sent Non-Signature Required unless over $350 value or you request Signature Required for security concerns. If you are rural, we don’t charge extra but please do include a note on your order so we can ticket your package correctly. Please allow additional days for rural or you are ordering during holiday periods or major promotions.
Free Shipping for orders over $100* (excludes large items)
Free shipping is available when you spend over $100! Please note bulky or heavy items are excluded from this offer and you can confirm the correct shipping at the checkout. Unfortunately our Cart Shipping Estimator does not accurately exclude large items from free shipping calculations. We apologise for any inconvenience with technical limitation.Go to Shipping & Delivery Page
Hassle-free Returns for 365 Days!
We have expert staff available to help you choose the perfect item – how can we help before you purchase? However, when you do purchase something that doesn’t fit or isn’t quite right, we offer an excellent returns policy and the best possible customer service.
We also know life with babies and children is busy, so you have up to 365 days for your returns and exchanges to come back to us:
- Up to 90 days from purchase - You can return for an Exchange, Store Credit or Refund
- Up to 365 days from purchase – You can return for an Exchange or Store Credit
Returned items must be received back in perfect condition, unused and unwashed condition including the instructions and packaging. Please ensure you carefully package items so they are received back in perfect condition.
Our Returns and Exchanges page has full details, including product specific returns information and our Returns Form.Go to Returns Page