Tell me more:
If your child suffers from asthma or eczema, a dust mite allergy may be the cause. Once a skin-prick test has confirmed a dust-mite allergy, it's essential to do what you can to reduce your child being exposed to the allergens from dust mites. The key focus should be on the child's bedroom, specifically preventing dust mites from the mattress and pillow getting near your child.
What is different about MiteGuard?
- MiteGuard allergen barrier bedding covers are made in New Zealand by Allergen Control Services using proven effective allergen barrier fabrics and proven effective construction methods.
- While there are many products on the market claiming to help with dust-mites, MiteGuard are the only products we have found developed by an allergy specialist and recommended by the Asthma Society.
- The Miteguard mattress covers completely enclose the mattress, rather than being a fitted sheet or pad just sitting on top of the mattress (which doesn't effectively protect against dust mites).
Why does MiteGuard work?
The weave on these cotton MiteGuard covers is 5.5 microns, ie they are made from an incredibly tightly woven fabric with almost no space between fibres. In comparison, regular cotton sheets have spaces between the fibres of approx 300 microns. Since the average dust mite measures approx 20 microns, dust mites are not able to pass through your MiteGuard mattress cover.
Using a MiteGuard mattress cover
MiteGuard covers should be fitted to your mattress, duvet and pillow. Your usual outer sheets and covers are then fitted over the top of the MiteGuard covers. Regular (weekly) washing of the outer sheets and covers in hot water (>55oC) will maintain a low allergen environment in the bed.
We usually have the single bed size in stock however please allow a week for delivery just in case we are temporarily out of stock. If you require a custom single size - contact us and please allow 2 weeks for manufacture.
- Proven to block more than 99% of house dust mite allergen
- Fully enclose the mattress, duvet or pillow
- Extra strong, taped seams
- Extra long zip with internal flap for easy fitting
- Best quality YKK Zips used throughout
- Made from 100% cotton precision microweave
- 100% cotton fabric with accurately controlled thread gap size
- Average pore size 5.5 microns
- Airflow properties 150 litres per minute
- 5-year manufacturer's guarantee
- Untreated pure cotton
- Machine wash in hot water (greater than 55 degrees) weekly
- Hot tumble dry
Fast Shipping - In stock, ready to ship!
We offer fast, economical shipping across New Zealand. All items on our website are in stock, ready to dispatch (excludes pre-order or custom size items). Most orders arrive within 1-3 business days. Auckland shipping is generally overnight or you can choose Click and Collect.
Shipping starts from $5 for small items. Just add your items to your cart and use the Shipping Estimator in the Mini Cart or Cart with your post code. Please double check your shipping in the checkout, particularly for large items which the estimator doesn’t accurately calculate.
We ship with Courier Post & Fastway. Packages are sent Non-Signature Required unless over $350 value or you request Signature Required for security concerns. If you are rural, we don’t charge extra but please do include a note on your order so we can ticket your package correctly. Please allow additional days for rural or you are ordering during holiday periods or major promotions.
Free Shipping for orders over $100* (excludes large items)
Free shipping is available when you spend over $100! Please note bulky or heavy items are excluded from this offer and you can confirm the correct shipping at the checkout. Unfortunately our Cart Shipping Estimator does not accurately exclude large items from free shipping calculations. We apologise for any inconvenience with technical limitation.Go to Shipping & Delivery Page
Hassle-free Returns for 365 Days!
We have expert staff available to help you choose the perfect item – how can we help before you purchase? However, when you do purchase something that doesn’t fit or isn’t quite right, we offer an excellent returns policy and the best possible customer service.
We also know life with babies and children is busy, so you have up to 365 days for your returns and exchanges to come back to us:
- Up to 90 days from purchase - You can return for an Exchange, Store Credit or Refund
- Up to 365 days from purchase – You can return for an Exchange or Store Credit
Returned items must be received back in perfect condition, unused and unwashed condition including the instructions and packaging. Please ensure you carefully package items so they are received back in perfect condition.
Our Returns and Exchanges page has full details, including product specific returns information and our Returns Form.Go to Returns Page