Tell me more:
Our best-selling white noise machine now comes as a portable sound machine!
The Yogasleep Hushh is from the makers of the beloved Dohm-DS All-Natural White Noise Sound Machine. Hushh is a portable electronic sound machine designed to help baby fall asleep and stay asleep anywhere. The Hushh cradles your baby in soothing sound to create a comforting, consistent sound environment for sleep.
This compact portable unit comes with 3 sound options - choose from bright white noise, deep white noise, or gentle surf and a wide volume range (25 levels). The sounds are played on a continuous loop. Hushh is powered by a lithium ion battery and recharges from a micro-usb cord (included). Throughout night time or naptime, it masks disruptive noises to promote longer, more restful sleep cycles. It runs continuously without a timer, and has an on/off button.
We've tested The Hushh to run for approx 12 hours continuously on battery power, when played on medium volume and without the nightlight. For more info, see battery info below. Hushh never needs batteries, so there is none of the on-going cost you get with all other portable white noise machines, shushers or other sound boxes.
And the continuous play means you can turn Hushh on at bedtime, and it will help calm and resettle your baby or child all through the night. No timers or need to reset, just lovely calming white noise all night.
If you are using this at home, we recommend choosing a plug-in model such as the Dohm or Whish. This model is not designed to be used continuously plugged in as that will in time damage the rechargeable battery.
Please note: if you have previously owned a Hushh, this newer version is quieter than previous models (before 2019).
The Hushh has a wide volume range, giving you a lot of flexibility in terms of how loud you play it and where you use it. Most customers find low to medium volume quite sufficient and this will also mean that the charge lasts for longer as the higher the volume, the shorter the battery time.
We do not recommend having the Hushh close to your baby on maximum volume as it is very loud. It is different to the Baby Shusher for example, which is designed for use close to baby and operates for a limited time rather than continuously. The maximum volume would be suitable if you are using the Hushh plugged in across the room from your baby and only for short periods. If you're comparing the latest version of the Hushh to a previously purchased one you may notice that the 2019 Marpac Hushh has a lower maximum volume setting compared with older versions, however this is still quite loud and our recommendation is the same.
Battery power information:
The Hushh has an internal rechargeable battery which means you never need to replace batteries or worry about your child opening the machine and playing with batteries. The battery is charged using the USB cable supplied with your unit.
The battery can last all night, depending on a number of factors:
- You will get the best battery life from your Hushh when it is used on medium volume without the nightlight and is expected to last 12 hours of continuous noise.
- Basically the lower the volume played at, the longer your Hushh battery will last (and considerably longer when the light is not used).
- The 'Bright White' (middlesound) has been shown to have the best battery time.
- We recommend charging with a good quality charger, such as the good quality chargers supplied with a phone or a Belkin brand charger. Cheap phone chargers take much longer to charge and may not fully charge your Hushh.
The nightlight function and battery life
Hushh has a very small amber nightlight. If you are using battery power, use of the nightlight, particularly if also using at high volume, will cut the battery life down significantly.
- Used with maximum volume and the nightlight, the Hushh battery will last less than 5 hours
- When used on maximum volume without the light, you can expect around 10 hours
- Volume also has a significant impact on battery life.
Marpac has now rebranded its products as Yogasleep. Marpac has been creating sleep-savings products since 1962 and will be continuing this proud tradition under the Yogasleep brand.
USB power cord information
The Hushh comes with a one meter USB cable cord, but not a power plug or adapter. The Hushh is intended to be used as a portable machine. Please do not leave the unit plugged into power for an extended period of time as this can damage the internal rechargeable battery. It is recommended that you only use the USB cord provided with your Hushh. Using any other cord can result in damaging your unit and/or does not provide sufficient power to run your unit. We suggest popping a sticker/marker on your Hushh cord so you can differentiate between other USB cords you may have in your household.
This unit is intended for portable use - do not leave plugged in for more than 5 consecutive days.
- Continuous play
- Cradles baby in a consistent, adjustable sound to promote restful sleep cycles
- Masks everyday noises, so you don't have to worry about anyone (or anything) waking baby
- 3 sound options - promote sleep and mask noise: bright white noise, deep white noise, or gentle surf
- Portable - fasten Hushh to a stroller or car seat using the included baby-safe clip or place it on any surface
- Simple interface is easy to use and operate with one hand
- Child lock offers the ability to lock Hushh at a desired setting and volume to prevent younger hands from altering the sound or turning the unit off
- Amber LED Nightlight provides just enough light to see by without causing wakefulness for parent or baby
- Convenient USB charging (USB cable included)
- Designed for portable use
- Sound sample in the how to use section below
Volume in decibels -
- 78.3 dBA at 12 inches (30.5cm)
- 69.3 dBA at 6 feet (1.83m)
- Charge time - 4 hours
- Run time - up to 8-12 hours
Fast Shipping - In stock, ready to ship!
We offer fast, economical shipping across New Zealand. All items on our website are in stock, ready to dispatch (excludes pre-order or custom size items). Most orders arrive within 1-3 business days. Auckland shipping is generally overnight or you can choose Click and Collect.
Shipping starts from $5 for small items. Just add your items to your cart and use the Shipping Estimator in the Mini Cart or Cart with your post code. Please double check your shipping in the checkout, particularly for large items which the estimator doesn’t accurately calculate.
We ship with Courier Post & Fastway. Packages are sent Non-Signature Required unless over $350 value or you request Signature Required for security concerns. If you are rural, we don’t charge extra but please do include a note on your order so we can ticket your package correctly. Please allow additional days for rural or you are ordering during holiday periods or major promotions.
Large Furniture is shipped using a designated furniture delivery service with two person delivery to the door.
Free Shipping for orders over $100* (excludes large items)
Free shipping is available when you spend over $100! Please note bulky or heavy items are excluded from this offer and you can confirm the correct shipping at the checkout. Unfortunately our Cart Shipping Estimator does not accurately exclude large items from free shipping calculations. We apologise for any inconvenience with technical limitation.Go to Shipping & Delivery Page
Hassle-free Returns for 365 Days!
We have expert staff available to help you choose the perfect item – how can we help before you purchase? However, when you do purchase something that doesn’t fit or isn’t quite right, we offer an excellent returns policy and the best possible customer service.
We also know life with babies and children is busy, so you have up to 365 days for your returns and exchanges to come back to us:
- Up to 90 days from purchase - You can return for an Exchange, Store Credit or Refund
- Up to 365 days from purchase – You can return for an Exchange or Store Credit
Returned items must be received back in perfect condition, unused and unwashed condition including the instructions and packaging. Please ensure you carefully package items so they are received back in perfect condition.
Our Returns and Exchanges page has full details, including product specific returns information and our Returns Form.Go to Returns Page