Dust Mite Duvet Cover
If you or your child suffers from asthma or eczema, a dust mite allergy may be the cause. Once a skin-prick test has confirmed a dust-mite allergy, it’s essential to do what you can to reduce your child being exposed to the allergens from dust mites. The key focus should be on the child’s bedroom, specifically preventing dust mites from the mattress and pillow getting near your child.
What is different about MiteGuard?
- MiteGuard allergen barrier bedding covers are made in New Zealand by Allergen Control Services using proven effective allergen barrier fabrics and proven effective construction methods.
- While there are many products on the market claiming to help with dust-mites, MiteGuard are the only products we have found developed by an allergy specialist and recommended by the Asthma Society.
- The Miteguard mattress covers completely enclose the mattress, rather than being a fitted sheet or pad just sitting on top of the mattress (which doesn’t protect against dust mites).
Why does MiteGuard work?
The weave on these cotton MiteGuard covers is 5.5 microns, ie they are made from an incredibly tightly woven fabric with almost no space between fibres.
In comparison, regular cotton sheets or duvet covers have spaces between the fibres of approx 300 microns. Since the average dust mite measures approx 20 microns, dust mites are not able to pass through your MiteGuard duvet cover.
Using a MiteGuard duvet cover:
MiteGuard covers should be used directly over your duvet, then use your regular duvet cover over the Mite Guard cover. Avoid removing the Mite Guard cover as much as possible, as the dust mites will be contained inside the cover.
Regular (weekly) washing of the outer sheets and covers in hot water (>55oC) will maintain a low allergen environment in the bed.
MiteGuard covers have the following features:
- Proven to block more than 99% ofhouse dust mite allergen
- Fully enclose the mattress, duvet or pillow
- Extra strong, taped seams
- Extra long zip with internal flap for easy fitting
- Best quality YKK Zips used throughout
- Made from 100% Cotton precision microweave
- 100% cotton fabric with accurately controlled thread gap size
- Average pore size 5.5 microns
- Airflow properties 150 litres per minute
- Untreated pure cotton
- Hot water (60°C) wash, hot tumble dry.
- 5-year manufacturer’s guarantee
The Mite Guard is available in the following options:
- Single, King Single, Double, Queen & King.
- Custom made size - please let us know your specific requirements.
SPECIAL ORDER: Please note we do not keep stock of this item as they are made to order. Delivery is 1-2 weeks.
Mite Guard Cot Mattress CoverFrom $115.00
MiteGuard Single Mattress Cover$175.00
MiteGuard K/S Mattress Cover$195.00
MiteGuard Pillow Cover$35.00
Adult Dust-Mite Mattress CoverFrom $219.00
Dust Mite Duvet CoverFrom $175.00