MiteGuard Single Mattress Cover
If your child suffers from asthma or eczema, a dust mite allergy may be the cause. Once a skin-prick test has confirmed a dust-mite allergy, it’s essential to do what you can to reduce your child being exposed to the allergens from dust mites. The key focus should be on the child’s bedroom, specifically preventing dust mites from the mattress and pillow getting near your child.
What is different about MiteGuard?
- MiteGuard allergen barrier bedding covers are made in New Zealand by Allergen Control Services using proven effective allergen barrier fabrics and proven effective construction methods.
- While there are many products on the market claiming to help with dust-mites, MiteGuard are the only products we have found developed by an allergy specialist and recommended by the Asthma Society.
- The Miteguard mattress covers completely enclose the mattress, rather than being a fitted sheet or pad just sitting on top of the mattress (which doesn’t protect against dust mites).
Why does MiteGuard work?
The weave on these cotton MiteGuard covers is 5.5 microns, ie they are made from an incredibly tightly woven fabric with almost no space between fibres.
In comparison, regular cotton sheets have spaces between the fibres of approx 300 microns. Since the average dust mite measures approx 20 microns, dust mites are not able to pass through your MiteGuard mattress cover.
Using a MiteGuard mattress cover:
MiteGuard covers should be fitted to your mattress, duvet and pillow. Your usual outer sheets and covers are then fitted over the top of the MiteGuard covers.
Regular (weekly) washing of the outer sheets and covers in hot water (>55oC) will maintain a low allergen environment in the bed.
MiteGuard covers have the following features:
- Proven to block more than 99% ofhouse dust mite allergen
- Fully enclose the mattress, duvet or pillow
- Extra strong, taped seams
- Extra long zip with internal flap for easy fitting
- Best quality YKK Zips used throughout
- Made from 100% Cotton precision microweave
- 100% cotton fabric with accurately controlled thread gap size
- Average pore size 5.5 microns
- Airflow properties 150 litres per minute
- Untreated pure cotton
- Hot water (60°C) wash, hot tumble dry.
- 5-year manufacturer’s guarantee
The Mite Guard single mattress cover is available in the following options:
- 190 x 920 x 24 deep.
- Custom made size - please let us know your specific requirements.
We usually have the single bed size in stock however please allow a week for delivery just in case we are temporarily out of stock. Custom single size - please allow 2 weeks for manufacture.