Cellular Bamboo Fibre Cot Blanket
Surround your baby with luxurious comfort with this beautifully soft and light blanket from Little Bamboo. The Airflow Cellular blanket is perfect to have against baby’s skin - providing greater warmth in winter and coolness in summer, it makes a lovely baby shower gift.
Made from 50% rayon made from bamboo fibre and 50% cotton for optimised function, quality and affordability.
Cot - 150cm x 120cm
50% rayon from bamboo fibre & 50% cotton + Cotton Trim
Little Bamboo makes beautiful and soft bedroom and bathroom nursery products made using organically grown bamboo. From the same company as the innovative Airwrap.
Little Bamboo products are designed to perform as well, if not better than, regular cotton and feel better with every wash.
The super soft and comfy bamboo fabrics boast many features. Research has shown that, in comparison to cotton, fabrics made using organically grown bamboo fibres are:
+ warmer in winter and cooler in summer
+ more breathable
+ have increased wicking properties to draw moisture
+ are naturally antibacterial and
+ are less susceptible to odours.
With the need for more planet friendly garments and textiles, the profile of bamboo is on the rise.This is not surprising when we learn that 5% of the world’s crops are cotton and they contribute to 25% of the world’s pesticide use.
Bamboo is a positive impact, organically grown plantation that requires no pesticides and little water to grow. It is a very renewable resource and will hopefully work its way into becoming one of the dominant fibres used into the 21st century.
- Bamboo as a textile has been available for 1000’s of years
- Bamboo is a grass
- Bedding made using bamboo was first seen through mass market chains in February of 2006 in America
- Similar process to viscose or rayon manufacture. Invented by Samuel J Courtauld in 1906
- Cotton as 5% the worlds crops contribute 25% the worlds pesticides
- Cotton is one of the biggest users of water in areas of the world where there is a growing water shortage.
- Bamboo fibre resembles cotton in its unspun form, a puffball of light and airy fibres
Baby features - Baby benefits
- Soft silk like touch - increased comfort
- 60% more water absorbent (hydroscopic) - gets baby dry faster
- 2° warmer in winter
- 2°cooler in summer for constant comfort
- adapting to babies body temperature
- more breathable (hollow fibres)
- wicking properties, draws moisture away from baby - increased comfort
- naturally antibacterial - healthier sleep/wash environment
- 30% less susceptible to odours - even more beautiful smelling baby!
NB: % comparisons ref bamboo vs cotton
Planet features - Planet benefits
- Very renewable resource
- pesticide-free, organically grown
- little to no water to grow
- plantation inhales CO² and exhales O² into the atmosphere